July 07, 2012

I'm Baaaaack!

    Wow, this has been an exciting year!  I have been swamped with papers, projects, and people pulling me in 15 different directions.  Now that summer's here I finally get to breathe.  I think I spent most of June in workshops and sorting through my classroom junk. I feel like my summer is just now beginning.  This past year was AMAZING!  I was voted teacher of the year at my elementary and I discovered I'm in luv with second grade.  I was in overdrive teachaholic mode all year and  spent excessive hours trying to learn the curriculum, develop engaging lessons and figure out realistic expectations for my kiddos. (sadly :(  I had not time to blog)
      This year I'm excited about getting to be a regular blogger and improving on last year's lessons.  I can't believe that I'm already getting ready for next year.  I've been secretly stalking the Target Dollar Bins looking for teacher stuff and painting yard sale furniture finds. I'm currently painting a stool and two bookcases. Here's a picture of my progress.

Before:




Now:

Of course I didn't think about adding magnetic paint until now but second bookcase will be magnetic.  Next, I want to paint designs to match my classroom decor on the sides and top.  I sure wish I could find an author's chair while I'm in paint mode.

Anywho...I'm glad to be back!  Thanks for the kind comments, messages, and emails.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment