August 01, 2012

The countdown begins...

It's here...August.  That means that the last few days of summer are upon us.  Well, it also means that I STILL can't get into my classroom. I'm so jealous of those of you that's have already started in your rooms.  I always breathe easier when my room is setup.  I know that after my room is finished,  I can start preparing lessons for the first day.  It's kinda like that feeling you get when you sleep better in a clean house.  Maybe that's my OCD talkin'...
Anyway since I can't work in my room, I volunteered to help my friend in another district start on her classroom.  She asked me about my editing cups, so I'm taking the time to repost and further explain how I use them.


Each color cup is used for a different type of editing.  I find that this helps kids from feeling overwhelmed by editing and revisions.  They can ZOOM in on one specific skill and don't  feel beatup and bruised from an all-out red pen slash-a-thon editing process.

Click HERE to get a copy of the freebie Cup Labels

Enjoy and Happy August!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment