August 17, 2012

A sneak peek and I need a little help...

I've been working on my room this week and I am sooo tired.  I'm moved, rearranged, adjusted and tweaked until I'm dizzy.  There's no way around it --- the heart of my classroom needs a transplant.  Our classroom revolves around meeting and discussing lessons, life and books.  We do all of this on our classroom carpet - it's the heart of our classroom.  My lovely rug has been around for over 3 decades and is literally falling apart.  I've registered for a new carpet and lice-free vinyl pillows (don't even ask) at Donor's Choose and they are matching any donations made until August 23rd.  If you know anyone that could donate even a dollar it would benefit my kiddos sooo much!!!

Here's a peek of what's going on in my classroom.  I so want to finish my room today. (Why did I just notice Pinterest on my teacher station?)

I so love what  Kristin at Ladybug Teacher Files put together has her adapted CAFE board.  She named it her CRAFT Board.  She added the letter T to include Text Features/Elements and R for responding to literature.  Since there's no E in CRAFT, I decided to have a location in my room just for Vocabulary to make sure that my kiddos are voraciously reading and finding new and interesting words.  Check out her blog  it's SUPER cute! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure donors choose will come though, but I'm hosting a giveaway for a $50 gift card to a website that also has rugs and other supplies. That could potentially help as well. And I get the lice free pillows. I can't have anything soft in my room bc of bed bugs :/

    Courtney
    Flockingtofifth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete