September 02, 2012

Just when I thought I was finished and a freebie....

Well, I'm definitely pleased that this is a 3 day weekend.  Who would of ThUnK I would be so exhausted after only one week of school?  I spent most of yesterday asleep!  Today we've been up and about enjoying the beautiful weather.  On the back of my mind have been all the "little" projects I have yet to finish for my classroom.  I'm beginning to wonder if the list will ever shorten.  My daughter says I just create work for myself.  I think I'm a little OCD - I can't help it.

Just when I thought I my room was picture perfect, I find out we're losing a teacher because of "leveling."  For those of you who don't know what that is, its when the district decides to fill every classroom to capacity to most effectively serve the budget.  I understand that this is a necessary evil, but it still makes me sad to lose a team member.  I am thankful that my co-worker gets to stay at our school in another grade level.  With the changes, I have inherited more students in my teeny  tiny classroom.  Needless to say, I have to rearrange my room to accommodate 11 more children.  I feel like the little old lady who lived in a shoe. 

I cannot put into words how important it is for me to have everything labeled and organized.  It literally affects my sanity.  So now I have to go back and create additional labels, take more student pictures and organize notebooks, spirals and folders - AGAIN.  Well,  that can wait until Tuesday (probably not but I like to think so...)  I'm enjoying my weekend so much that I've decided to share a few freebies!

Here are classroom library signs that I created to help remind students about taking care of our library.  I also included Books in the Spotlight for our weekly featured books/authors.

You can get the freebie on Teachers Pay Teachers or Teachers Notebook

Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment