December 05, 2012

12 Days of Christmas with Elf on the Shelf (Day1)

Man, I'm dizzy with all the "stuff" going on in my life.  I had my formal observation,  robotics competition, teenage daughter with a shoe fetish, new rug = rearrange room, Pinterest addiction, Christmas shopping, holiday decorating, and the 12 Days of Christmas - just to name a few.  Needless to say, I haven't been able to blog as much as I would like.
I guess I'm the last person on Earth to hear about the Elf on the Shelf.  The book and elf are the cutest thing.  I wish I had known about it when my kids were smaller.  In case you're in the same boat, let me explain. A Christmas elf reports to Santa who is naughty or nice.  The elf pops up in unexpected places each day and leaves a message and/or treat.  When Santa arrives on Christmas Eve, the elf leaves with him.

I decided to do 12 days of Christmas with a classroom elf for my class.  We're studying poetry and fiction stories so I can tie the elf into my lessons.  He leaves clues each day for the "nice" students up until Christmas Break.  Each of the 12 days we have a poem clue and a surprise.  I'm plan to post the 12 days as we do them for the next two weeks.

Day 1 - Meet the Elf
On day one we meet the elf, read the book and give him a name.  I also read the first clue and the kiddos try to guess the treat. At the end of the day, I share the naughty and nice list and give each child a treat (lollipops).


Does anyone have any Elf on the Shelf ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Great idea!! Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I especially like the "Naughty & Nice" list :0) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete