Pages

March 14, 2013

Texas Symbols and a Freebie -Yee! Haw!

It seems like so long since I've written a post.  I'm sure you call all relate to the whirlwind of activity that is know as spring.  You know the signs - procrastination, dragging minutes, extended outside activities, piling paperwork, mounting deadlines and not to mention test anxiety looming in the air.  I am amazed at the number and frequency of programs, parent nights, open houses, meetings and training  that is occurs this time of the year. Now that's it's spring break, I finally have a chance to breath (and post).


Last week, we celebrated Texas Public Schools Week.  My kiddos studied about Texas symbols, history and traditions.  I just love the unit that April Larremore has about Celebrating Texas.  You should check it out - it's a great unit.  We did a few of the activities in class and created a Texas Symbols flipbook.  I just posted the foldable on TPT and Teacher's Notebook.


I always love a good freebie....so the first 3 people to comment on this post will get the foldable for FREE!
Have a GREAT spring break Ya'll!!!!

6 comments:

  1. So glad I just read this post..we're going to start our Texas unit soon and this foldable is perfect! I hope I'm one of the lucky winners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing foldable! It would be a great addition to my lesson this week. Hopefully I am a winner too. Looking forward to checking out the rest of your site. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! Two winners!!!! I'm sending you the freebie now.....
    Amy, I forgot to mention I need an email addy to send it to. Let me know watcha' think :0)

    Carmela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the foldable book. My kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete