March 14, 2013

Texas Symbols and a Freebie -Yee! Haw!

It seems like so long since I've written a post.  I'm sure you call all relate to the whirlwind of activity that is know as spring.  You know the signs - procrastination, dragging minutes, extended outside activities, piling paperwork, mounting deadlines and not to mention test anxiety looming in the air.  I am amazed at the number and frequency of programs, parent nights, open houses, meetings and training  that is occurs this time of the year. Now that's it's spring break, I finally have a chance to breath (and post).


Last week, we celebrated Texas Public Schools Week.  My kiddos studied about Texas symbols, history and traditions.  I just love the unit that April Larremore has about Celebrating Texas.  You should check it out - it's a great unit.  We did a few of the activities in class and created a Texas Symbols flipbook.  I just posted the foldable on TPT and Teacher's Notebook.


I always love a good freebie....so the first 3 people to comment on this post will get the foldable for FREE!
Have a GREAT spring break Ya'll!!!!

17 comments:

  1. So glad I just read this post..we're going to start our Texas unit soon and this foldable is perfect! I hope I'm one of the lucky winners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing foldable! It would be a great addition to my lesson this week. Hopefully I am a winner too. Looking forward to checking out the rest of your site. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! Two winners!!!! I'm sending you the freebie now.....
    Amy, I forgot to mention I need an email addy to send it to. Let me know watcha' think :0)

    Carmela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the foldable book. My kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I please get a copy as well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this is a long shot, but looking for some freebies for the public elementary schools in the Texas panhandle. I'm the program director for the White Deer Land Museum, and we have lower income schools here in Pampa, TX. So this year, we are trying to take programs to the schools to help educate the young children. Please feel free to get back with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. starting a Texas unit soon and would love this freebie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in shock. I made this 20 years ago in Judson ISD. Glad to see it has been shared but I should be able to sell this. I have master also. That is all my clip art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have Open House this week! It always looks awesome to have tons of Texas hands-on activities showing around the room, and on the bulletin "brag" board.Thank you!! I know I am too late to win, so...... cha ching!! Bought it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess I am too late now, but congrats to the winners, great activity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I am not one of the first three, but what a great idea and study guide for the students. I teach 5th grade S.S. and I review Texas History for three weeks and this foldable will serve as a good review and activity. They still enjoy artsy things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, please. I need it for my preschoolers

    ReplyDelete