August 09, 2015

Extreme Classroom Makeover - Back to School Edition

I think if they had a show on television about extreme classroom make-overs, I would be the perfect host.  I am addicted to watching HGTV and DIY home makeover shows.  Since, I actually live in an itty-bitty apartment, this is a true suck of my time.  But, I can't help it.  You should see me running around my apartment trying out all the cute ideas I see on the episodes.  I am DYING to paint the cabinets in my bathroom and kitchen.  My Pinterest obsession doesn't help either.  I'm embarrassed to say how many Pinterest fails I have tallied up.  OMG, if I actually owned a house, I would to totally be rocking a sledge hammer every summer.


This year I'm kind of bummed because I won't have a classroom of my own to organize and decorate. This is killing me!  I'm so obsessed that I've offered to help set up other teachers' classes this year. I might be coming to a classroom near you...haha!  I might need an intervention...

Here are some helpful tips in setting up your classroom...

1 - Start with a color scheme - select a few basic colors

2 - Zone Your Room - make sure you have a place for everything and everything has a place

3 - Sketch it Out - put it on paper before you move anything


4 - Container R Us - make sure you have everything accessible and labeled.


5 - Hide the rest - if it's not needed daily find a creative way to hide what you're not using


Sit back and enjoy a classroom that partners with you in teaching and reaching kids!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment