August 28, 2013

Death by Pinterest and Classroom Reveal

***WARNING PHOTO OVERLOAD***Okay, so I am obsessed with Pinterest. Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?  I spend hours on projects that I think will take a "few" minutes. I've spent the last two weeks working like a madwoman trying to get my room ready.  If you know me, this is no small feat.  I am the teacher who is ususally the first one in the building unpacking and the last one at the end of the year.  My new class wasn't ready for move-in until 2 weeks ago, so I'm still "adding" to it daily.  Almost every corner has "pinteresting" feature.

This is the view as you enter thedoor.  Even though I'm not Dual Language, I like to split my room up into 4 quadrants: Math, Literacy, Science and Social Studies. I also like having a student generated word wall with vocabulary.


Another pinspiration idea from April at ChalkTalk, but I still need to add a few vowels and graphic for each letter.

I lurve Ladybug Teacher Files.  I still need to decide on an alphabet but I'm loving her genre dots.

My leveled library in progess...

Recognize those dry-erase spots?  Yup, pinterest!  I also have my brownie points, birthday balloons, homework club, rainbow polka dot storage carts and teacher papers organizer below all from Pinterest. 






My small group area has 5 gallon bucket seats and my "stop" sign per Debbie Diller inspiration.
How can I forget the inspiration from Sarah Cooley and her awesome writing station. I'm working on getting my "writer's eye" together as well.

I also have my whole brain rules from GingerSnaps and my very own classroom rules freebie!

I am in awe of all the truly fantastic teacher resouces available made by teachers for teachers.  I'm sure I failed to give credit where credit was due for all the wonderful inspiration, ideas and work from fellow teachers  Thanks ya'll and have a great year!

1 comment:

  1. Your classroom looks huge, I know you feel a big difference from last year. We all miss you very much. Thanks for sharing the files : )

    ReplyDelete